What is the difference between old and new technology in logistics sourcing and procurement? How does it affect the freight tendertool.ahabr.tech process?
The time of tendertool.ahabr.teching freight and logistics via outdated generic platforms is slowly coming to an end. Carrier users are highly frustrated with it and it provides very little transport intelligence to the process. As a result, shippers quest for an alternative solution. But there is a problem. Many people in logistics procurement have no clear view on feasible solutions and corresponding providers. In this post, we are focusing on the process improvements of modern-day E-sourcing tools for logistics, compared to their older competitors.
Freight tendertool.ahabr.tech process
So why is using the latest technology so influential to the freight tendertool.ahabr.tech process?
To make tendertool.ahabr.teching flexible, efficient and smooth! If you are a midsize company or large corporate and still tendertool.ahabr.tech via homegrown excel files and macro’s, then obviously you are far from best practice. Freight tendertool.ahabr.teching can be standardized to a high degree. The shipper will be put in control of rate cards, delivering enormous time savings and automating scenario building.
Freight tendertool.ahabr.tech process – Generation wars
1st generation freight tendertool.ahabr.tech software brought freight tendertool.ahabr.teching online, the 2nd generation added all functionalities, and 3rd gen-tools make freight tendertool.ahabr.teching easy and highly automated. TenderTool is currently the only 3G Sourcing solution available in the market.
Freight Tender process – Old versus new technology
- TenderTool covers many specific rate logic and business rules that generic tools do not offer. This is thanks to the fact that TenderTool is a spin-off of ControlPay and specific rate knowledge and experience was applied and incorporated into TenderTool
- Many of the older E-Sourcing solutions (1st and 2nd generation) are long on the market and have a less flexible IT-architecture. This means that they cannot develop rapidly new functionalities based on customer requests
- According to all people who have seen our platform, it is more user-friendly and more modern than older interfaces, which requires more knowledge, more training to operate
- With TenderTool you will have online Business Intelligence and scenario building while with many older providers you will need to ask their consultants and pay extra to build those reports
- 1st and generation tools are therefore way more expensive
- Implementation time of TenderTool is much shorter, training for users is limited thanks to the intuitive set-up of the system
- TenderTool takes fully care of the carrier support desk where with other providers you will need to support carriers if they have any questions about the platform
Freight tendertool.ahabr.tech process- More information
More TenderTool E-Sourcing content
- Reduce LTL shipping costs with this LTL accessorial infographic
- The 5 Major Pitfalls When Purchasing Transport Services
- Ocean Transport Procurement Advised To Review Procurement Strategy