The way we handle Procurement Freight
We are excited that many shippers have already opted to use modern solutions over legacy tools. Moreover, we see that many carriers are very positive about using a single platform and standardize tenders. If you support more standardization in tendering you automatically drive efficiency in tendering for both Shippers and Carriers, followed by cost and time savings.
Procurement Freight essentials
- Invite carriers personally to the tender
- Use good data in a clear format
- Make tenders as such that carriers can quote on most of the lanes
- Communicate ongoing about feedback, changes, and updates
- Let the partnership component be no less than the price component
- Use a dedicated logistics sourcing platform
Procurement of Freight: 3 emerging trends until 2020
1. Structured rates and rules
A lot is written about the digitalization in the logistics industry and forwarder industry in particular. However what would really make companies stand out on top of that is to drive a standard in freight rate structures, business rules, and accessorial cost conventions. It is easy common ground in the logistics industry but not touched upon to make things more simple and more efficient.
2. Smart Tender Technology
3. Auctions and tenders will split
About TenderTool Freight Procurement Solutions
Pieter Kinds (41) is CEO of TenderTool, a cloud-based logistics sourcing platform.