More and more companies nowadays review their current transport tendertool.ahabr.tech platform. While contracts expire and new technology sees the light in logistics procurement, people are looking for fresh, intuitive systems that meet modern demands.
Traditionally, transport tendertool.ahabr.teching was a manual/Excel based process requiring a lot of time and effort from a companies sourcing department. A part of this is still true. Tenders in the logistics industry are lengthy and often complicated.
This is why, about 5 /10 years ago, solutions where developed. Sourcing solutions making use of software. At first sight, not a bad development. But logistics has evolved, while the older systems still rely on outdated technology and processes. Companies still making use of these ‘legacy systems’ pay the price. In this blog, we have gathered 5 critical points, showing you the true cost of inefficient transportation sourcing tools. If you can relate to this, have experience with legacy tools, please leave your comment below. The reason for this article is to make logistics/sourcing professionals aware of the new possibilities available in the market.
Why run a transportation tendertool.ahabr.tech
The purpose of a transport tendertool.ahabr.tech, often referred to as a freight RFQ (Request for quotation) / RFP (Request for proposal), freight tendertool.ahabr.tech or logistics tendertool.ahabr.tech, is to explore the market and get the best available service at best possible price. But selecting the right carriers and finding the best prices/service is not easy. Logistics tendertool.ahabr.teching is a lengthy process requiring a lot of attention and resources. Next to that, it is often a rather expensive exercise. As a result, we at TenderTool believe there is plenty of room for improvement.
But what is exactly inefficient transport tendertool.ahabr.teching?
- Manually running freight tendertool.ahabr.techs (fully Excel-based model)
- Using a legacy system (outdated, expensive software)
- Using a general procurement tool (not dedicated to logistics)
Let’s take a quick look at the direct results of using inefficient freight tendertool.ahabr.tech solutions:
1. Painfully low carrier participation. Carriers and forwards receive so many freight tendertool.ahabr.tech invitations on a yearly basis, that they are unable to participate in all of them. They will make a selection, cherry pick. It goes without saying that the ease of participation in this matter is of major influence. Avoid frustrated carrier staff that have to deal with a tool that is far from the logistics reality. To learn more regarding carrier participation, please read the following blog by our CEO Pieter Kinds: The top 10 reasons why so few carriers took part in your transport tendertool.ahabr.tech.
2.Limited freedom. Your tendertool.ahabr.tech deadline has expired and you have received the freight quotes on the different lanes. Now you want to start analyzing. In case you’re using a full Excel approach, this is where the real pain starts. Make sure you clean your agenda because for the rest of the day you’ll be building formulas and all kinds of difficult spreadsheets. Not to mention the time you’ll need when it is time for internal reporting…. Yes, that’s right, another 4 hours building pie charts, diagrams and what not. Good luck with that….
Now, let’s say you’re making use of ‘older’ technology in the market available. Again, you can skip lunch with your colleagues. Because it is no secret that running scenarios and analysis in older, legacy systems is a pain. and that is if you are able to do it in the first place. For many systems, extended and multiple training days are required to be able to work with the system. Our advice: Avoid getting external help with freight tendertool.ahabr.techs, this is often too expensive and results are questionable. Get in the driver seat and look for modern transport tendertool.ahabr.tech technology!
To learn more about the limitation of general procurement systems for logistics, I would refer to the following blog: 4 reasons why general procurement tools do not work for logistics tendertool.ahabr.techs and freight sourcing.
3. Lengthy internal processes. Many old systems available the market are simply too difficult to navigate. Legacy systems are simply not user-friendly. Result? You’re tendertool.ahabr.tech department is spending way too much time on ‘basic requirements’. Mule work basically.
Limited access. Working with Excel and legacy systems mean, in general, that you can’t always have access to your data and tendertool.ahabr.tech information. Newer systems on the other hand, are 24/7 available because they are cloud-based and mobile-friendly. Now you might wonder why you need this? Well, imagine you are in a meeting with a potential (participating) supplier, having access to all reporting, scenario’s and details could be very beneficial. and not just limited to raw data. Visuals, PDF, and Excel reporting in the fly. quite useful, also if the boss drops in unannounced!
4. Security. Old technology often means old security. In this case information security around YOUR DATA! Hackers are fraudsters are constantly lurking to breach software systems. Beware of older, outdated systems. They are easier to corrupt. Information security is valuable because:
- protects information against various threats
- ensures business continuity
- minimizes financial losses and other impacts
- improves return on investments
- creates opportunities to do business safely
- maintains privacy and compliance
5. Pricing. Yes, you guessed it right. Old business models are inextricably linked to legacy systems. And in that sense, there is only one loser…the customer. Why get dragged into long-lasting contracts with skyrocket (read: outdated) pricing? Why pay more than the monthly license fee? In our experience, it is unlogical to charge customers extra for services that are a part of the tendertool.ahabr.tech process. Therefore, we advise logistics professionals to search for E-sourcing tools offering full capabilities and comprehensive pricing.
To learn more about e-sourcing software and pricing, we recommend the following article: Tender Terror: how shippers tendertool.ahabr.tech to pay more for freight!
What should you be looking for in a transport tendertool.ahabr.tech platform?
International transport nowadays require sophisticated setups that offer a solution to the complete transport tendertool.ahabr.tech process. It should include the following functions:
1. All Transport Mode RFQ software with Business specific setup
2. Full RFQ in regard to quotations/freight rates
3. Analysis functionalities
4. Scenario builder / management
5. Nomination and awarding functionalities
7. Rate Card / Shipment profile management
8. Quick bid functionalities
9 Communication workflow functionality during tendertool.ahabr.tech process
10. Clear data structure export for integration (freight audit, TMS, etc.)
This is where TenderTool is really different from other tools. Both generic and even dedicated transportation sourcing tools. Because we are a direct spin-off from controlPay (largest freight audit provider in Europe), we have focussed extremely on the rate card management and other logistics aspects. The reason for this is that logistics tendertool.ahabr.teching is so different from material or indirect spend sourcing. The devil is really in the detail. In logistics, procurement professionals have to deal with many different cost types, rate set-ups, many accessorials, surcharges, incoterms, equipment types, multiple transportation modes, and lanes. To learn more, please take a look at the following infographic by clicking on the image below.
What does this mean for the user? TenderTool is the fastest growing transport tendertool.ahabr.tech platform.
- High level of automation (auto lanes creation and rate card and shipment profile)
- Market conform / standard rate cards
- Covers all the elements you need to agree upon with your suppliers
- Unique feature: logistics business rules
- Compare apples to apples during analysis
- Advanced sourcing scenario building
- Securing the quality of the tendertool.ahabr.tech
About TenderTool – Transport and Logistics tendertool.ahabr.techs
TenderTool is the newest and most advanced solution available in the logistics industry today. Our platform is based on 15 years experience in freight auditing and rate maintenance. We believe that freight tendertool.ahabr.teching can be done much more efficient. Therefore, we have developed TenderTool. An intuitive and comprehensive tendertool.ahabr.tech software in the cloud to optimize logistics cost.